The worst thing that could happen to you when you’re ready for a formal interview is the all-consuming need to scratch your scalp. Knowing that a good number of white flakes are about to fall on your shoulder for everyone to see.
Well, listen! You and I both know that this condition is called dandruff. A condition where you have falkiness and an itchy scalp. The underlying causes are mostly dry skin, sensitivity to hair products, irregular brushing and hair washing, sometimes fungal infections and stress.
Doctors who perform the best hair transplant in Lahore say that there are a number of Over-The-Counter medicines that can help out the patients. But hey! I have a few home remedies that you might want to try out.
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
ACV is said to be the most effective way of treating your dandruff. This doesn’t work raw, you need to make a mixture for it to work. Here are the steps you need to know to prepare the paste;
Preparation for Apple Cider Vinegar Mixture
- Mix water and apple cider vinegar in equal amounts.
- Apply the mixture on wet hair after washing.
- Gently massage your hair.
- Rinse and wash it off.
- Coconut Oil with Lemon
Coconut oil keeps your hair nourished and shiny. But when it is mixed with lemon, it helps cure the dandruff. It’s an easy home remedy to get your confidence back that has been low due to those white fakes.
Preparation for the Mixture
Follow these simple steps and get rid of the stubborn dandruff;
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, heat it up and then mix with lemon.
- Mix the mixture well and do proper application on your scalp.
- Gently massage the mixture on your hair.
- Then rinse it off with clean water.
- Apply Mehndi (Henna)
Mehndi works well on hair and softens it. With that it is said to be a natural remedy for treating dandruff. Here’s how you prepare the mixture of Mehndi;
Preparation for Mehndi Mixture
- Firstly, you need to form a mixture of mehndi, lemon and curd.
- Set this aside for 8 hours at least.
- Then apply after 8 hours to your hair gently.
- Let it dry on your hair and wash it off after 2 hours.
- Neem Juice
Neem is found in most of the shampoos as a main ingredient. This helps a lot with dandruff and is very easy to apply on hair. Here’s how you can make the juice
Preparation for the Juice
Follow the following steps in order to make the perfect paste to apply on your hair.
- First you need to crush the neem leaves to form a paste.
- Then apply the paste on your hair for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with some water.
- Orange Peel
Orange contains calcium, vitamin A and magnesium that are very helpful for your body. But did you know that it works very well against dandruff too?
The peel must be made in the following order for it to work well.
For the preparation you need to;
- Take orange peel and add orange juice to it to make a mixture.
- Grind the mixture well and make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and then leave it for 30 minutes to dry.
- After you’re done, wash it off with a good anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Egg Yolk
Egg yolks work very well as conditioners for your hair. But they are also very rich in Biotin which helps a lot with dandruff.
Preparation for Egg Yolk
In order to make use of the egg yolk, you need to remove the white part completely. The yolk is more beneficial in case of dandruff. Then;
- Apply the egg yolk to your dry hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a plastic bag or a shower cap for 1 hour.
- Then rinse it off with shampoo. You might need to wash twice to eliminate the bad odour.
- Green Tea
Green Tea is said to be one of the best antioxidants. It contains a lot of anti fungal properties which can restore the health of your scalp. All you need to do is to apply cool green tea to your scalp and hair to witness the difference.
Preparation for Green Tea
For the preparation;
- Take two tea bags and dip them in hot boiling water for 20 mins.
- Allow it to cool down properly and apply on the scalp and hair.
- Let it stay in your hair for a good 30 mins.
- Wash it off with water.
Along with the above mentioned remedies, it is very important to keep your scalp clean all the time. The use of a clean hair brush also makes a lot of difference. If you think that the major cause of your dandruff is stress, do consult a doctor. It is better to protect your scalp as it plays a vital role in hair health.