Users all across the globe have been complaining about experiencing the Linksys extender amber light issue. Are you also facing the same issue with your Linksys wireless extender? Well, that is no good. But, worry not. By following the troubleshooting hacks mentioned in this post, you will surely be able to resolve the Linksys extender amber light issue. Read on.
But, before you get down to the troubleshooting hacks, understand what might have forced your Linksys wireless range extender to blink amber.
Possible Reasons Behind Linksys Amber Light Issue
Here are some of the most common reasons why you are struggling because of the Linksys extender amber light issue:
- Your Linksys range extender is not getting an adequate power supply.
- The Ethernet connection between your extender and router is loose.
- The extender’s WiFi signals are either getting interrupted or blocked.
- Your Linksys extender is placed far from your home router.
- The firmware of your extender is running on an outdated version.
- Technical glitches can also cause the Linksys extender amber light issue.
Once you are done walking through these reasons, troubleshooting the Linksys extender amber light issue will become a piece of cake for you.
(Solved) Linksys Extender Amber Light Issue
- Check Your Power Supply
Before you do anything else, check whether your Linksys wireless range extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from its wall socket. If it isn’t, the culprit is probably a damaged wall socket.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you either get the wall socket you are currently using repaired or plug your extender into a different one.
Now, try to access the Linksys extender login page. Are you able to? No? Well, it looks like you are still stuck with the amber light issue.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Check whether the Ethernet cable connecting the Linksys wireless range extender and your home router has any cuts on it. If it does, consider replacing it with a new one.
If you are against doing that, then it is recommended that you connect your devices with the help of a wireless source. Sounds good?
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Linksys extender amber light issue is to keep WiFi interference at bay.
Wondering how will you do that? Well, it’s simple. All you need to do is, change the location of your Linksys wireless range extender. While doing so, make sure that none of the following things are present in the room:
- Cordless phones
- Washing machines
- Baby monitors
- Fish tanks
- Bluetooth speakers
- Microwave ovens
- Aluminium studs
- Glass objects
Apart from this, do not keep your extender in corners or near thick concrete walls. Or else, forget about the interruption of the WiFi signals, they will completely get blocked.
- Perform Linksys Firmware Update
This is another amazing hack through which you can bid adieu to the Linksys extender amber light issue. Therefore, follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your wireless range extender to the latest version:
- Get access to your computer and open an internet browser on it.
- In the internet browser, type 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the official login page of your Linksys extender.
- When asked, enter the default Username and Password into their given fields.
- Click Log In.
- Select the model number of your Linksys range extender.
- Click Firmware Upgrade under Administration.
- Select the Choose File button.
- Click the firmware file that you might have downloaded earlier.
- Hit Open.
- Click Start Update.
The firmware update process will be shown on your computer screen. To prevent any problems with the Linksys wireless range extender, do not interrupt the upgrade process.
If you also want to update the firmware of your Linksys wireless router, access the Linksys router login page and follow the same instructions mentioned above.
- Reset Your Linksys Extender
If even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks, you are unable to fix the Linksys extender amber light issue, then consider resetting your wireless device.
Here is how you can reset your Linksys wireless range extender:
- Locate the Reset button on your extender and press it carefully.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Once you are done resetting your extender, reconfigure it via Linksys extender setup-xxx.
With that, our post on how to troubleshoot the Linksys extender amber light issue has come to an end here. We expect that after reading the hacks mentioned above, you will easily be able to turn the amber LED on your wireless device to green.