Find out how to get a job at a cannabis dispensary in Los Angeles with our guide to finding dispensary jobs in the City of Angels. The cannabis industry in Los Angeles is booming as the Golden State’s cannabis hub. Using our guide, you’ll learn what you need to do to stand out from the crowd.
Dispensary Jobs In LA:
It is easy to find entry-level cannabis jobs in LA if you are interested in the industry. Whether you want to work in a california recreational marijuana dispensaries medical or recreational dispensary, there will be a job for you. These are some of the most common cannabis jobs in Los Angeles.
- The Budtender:
Budtenders are the friendly and outgoing salespeople who assist medical patients and recreational customers in finding the right strain and product. The importance of educating the consumer cannot be overstated.
- The Delivery Driver:
A clean driving record and a valid license are all you need to succeed in this entry-level position. You are responsible for delivering purchases in a timely and efficient manner as a delivery driver. To remain compliant, you must check customer IDs and verify their identities.
The receptionist is the first thing customers notice about a dispensary. They must be friendly, warm, and knowledgeable about computers. You must deal with a host of administrative tasks in addition to answering phones and checking in guests.
- Dispensary Manager:
Run a shop’s day-to-day operations and hire and train new employees while exceeding sales goals. When you’re running a dispensary in Los Angeles, it’s all in a day’s work. It is possible to reach this position through any of the entry-level cannabis jobs listed above.
Legal Requirement to Work in LA Dispensary:
There aren’t many legal requirements for working in a dispensary in Los Angeles or throughout California. You can work at a dispensary as long as you are over the minimum age requirement. A background check may be required, however. Advanced positions may require training as well.
The Best Way to Get a Dispensary Job in Los Angeles:
Los Angeles offers a lot of exciting cannabis job opportunities. Due to the high level of competition in the market, you must be more than qualified for the job. This is a step-by-step guide on how you can get hired in the city:
- Do your home-work:Make sure you know the state and local rules governing retail shops. Furthermore, check to see if the shop you’re applying for is actually licensed. Dispensaries on the black market are a major problem in California. Get as much information about cannabis as you can.
- Get Certification:No matter your skill level, cannabis industry certification offers an affordable and convenient way to learn all there is to know about the industry. Online certification allows you to learn at your own pace and gain experience.
- Develop Skills: A retail or customer service job is great if you’ve worked there before! You can develop the skills you need to succeed in your new job by working in a job that is not related to the cannabis industry.
- Show off your skills:First impressions are important. Your resume and cover letter should demonstrate your previous work experience, education, and other skills that make you a strong candidate for the job you are applying for.
- Network:Get out there and pound the pavement. Attend cannabis trade shows and events in your area. Even at home, you can search online forums and groups for like-minded individuals who use cannabis or work in dispensaries.
- Apply:You’re ready to apply once you’ve developed your skills and written a resume. Follow up a week or two after applying. This shows commitment to the industry.