Introduction to the SSC MTS Exam
The SSC (Staff Selection Committee) conducts a non-technical recruitment exam at a national level, called the SSC MTS (Multi-Tasking Staff). It consists of two papers: Paper 1 (Objective Test) and Paper 2 (Descriptive Test). Those clearing this exam get inducted into several posts in departments such as Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted and Non-Ministerial posts in the Central Government Offices across India.
SSC MTS 2 Exam Structure
Unlike the Paper 1, the SSC MTS Paper 2 is descriptive and qualifying in nature which consists of a total of 50 marks. Being descriptive, it has been traditionally conducted in an offline mode. While the general category candidates have a total of 45 minutes to complete the paper, those eligible for scribes i.e. PWD are allotted an extra 15 minutes for the same. The SSC MTS Paper 2 is designed in such a way that it can evaluate the basic language skills of a candidate. Here, one has to write a short essay or letter in English or any language which is a part of the eighth Schedule of the Indian Constitution. While the essay has a fixed word limit of 150 words, the letter has to be written in 75 – 110 words.
SSC MTS Exam 2022 Fee
The exam fee to be paid by male candidates to appear for the SSC MTS exam 2022 is Rs. 100, while female candidates and those who belong to the reserved categories such as SC, ST, PWD, etc. need not pay the exam fee at all.
SSC MTS 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Those wishing to appear for the SSC MTS 2022 exam need to fulfil all of the below eligibility criteria:-
- The candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, or Bhutan, or be of Indian origin or a Tibetan refugee
- Candidate must have cleared his/her class 10 or an equivalent exam only from a recognized state board or university
- The age limit (for General candidates) is only between 18 – 25 years as of January 1, 2022, while there are age relaxations offered for those who belong to certain categories such as SC, ST, PWD, etc.
SSC MTS Exam 2022 Important Dates
While the SSC MTS Paper 1 was conducted from July 5 – 22, 2022 in an online mode, Paper 2 is scheduled to be held on November 6, 2022. One can find all the exam related information on the official website of SSC https://www.ssc.nic.in/ . Some of the important dates related to SSC MTS 2022 are mentioned in a tabulated manner as follows:-
|SSC MTS Exam Official Website||https://www.ssc.nic.in/|
|Exam Notification Date||March 22, 2022|
|Application Process Commencement||March 22 – April 30, 2022|
|SSC MTS Last Payment Date||May 2, 2022|
|Application Form Correction Window||May 5 – 9, 2022|
|Admit Card Released||June 2022|
|SSC MTS Paper 1 Exam Dates||July 5 – 22, 2022|
|SSC MTS Paper 2 Exam Date||November 6, 2022|
SSC MTS syllabus
The SSC MTS syllabus is divided into 4 sections that covers General intelligence and reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English and General Awareness.
How to cover the allotted SSC MTS syllabus for SSC MTS Exam 2022?
Just like any competitive exam conducted across India, the SSC MTS Paper 2 can be easily cleared with an effective and flexible preparation strategy. The candidate must formulate a particular strategy on the basis of his/her strengths and weaknesses as well as the specified syllabus, and not simply follow a strategy prescribed by others. Some key pointers to ace the SSC MTS 2022 Paper 2 with flying colours are mentioned below:-
- Firstly, design a timetable and follow it as diligently as possible
- Improve the vocabulary and writing on a daily basis by reading newspapers and books
- Follow the pre-specified format to the T and abide by the word and time limit specified
- Writing essays based on a current affairs topic almost every day will improve the thinking ability, thus reducing the time needed to think on the exam day
- Analyse the mock tests and make a detailed note of the errors committed, to not repeat them in the future mocks
- Focus on writing crisp essays which are not too verbose and depict the point as precisely as possible, which would enhance the overall quality
There are certain books which would be beneficial to the candidates being well-versed with the SSC MTS syllabus of SSC MTS 2022 Paper 2. Some of them are as follows:-
- SSC MTS Tier II Descriptive in English: Essay & Letter Writing by Aakash Classes Team
- SSC CHSL And MTS Tier – II Descriptive Exam Essay and Letter Writing (Paperback) by Kiran Prakashan
- Kiran’s SSC CGL Tier I & Tier II Exam 2010 – 2017 Solved Papers by the Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan
To sum it up, regular practice in terms of vocabulary building and writing practice with good time management tactics would go a long way in clearing the SSC MTS 2022 Paper 2. Analysing the mock tests and referring to the previous years’ papers also benefit in enhancing the overall exam preparation.