Every TP-Link wireless repeater comes embedded with a software. This software is called the firmware that takes care of the overall functionality of your device. However, if you don’t perform TP-Link firmware update on time, then the performance of your device might get degraded instead of getting upgraded.
Thus, whenever there is a pending update, don’t think twice before upgrading the firmware of your TP-Link wireless repeater to the latest version. If you are not sure about the process, continue reading this post.
How to Perform TP-Link Firmware Update?
- Plug your TP-Link wireless repeater into a power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Thereafter, connect your repeater and your home router using the Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your PC and access an internet browser.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link WiFi device.
- Open a brand new tab on the browser that you’ve accessed.
- In the address bar, type http://tplinkrepeatersetup.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the official login page of your TP-Link repeater.
- Insert the default admin username and password and click the Log In button.
- The Quick Setup wizard will come into view.
- Head over to the Settings section.
- Under the Maintenance option, click Firmware Upgrade.
- Select Browse.
- Your device will start locating the file that you downloaded earlier.
- Once located, click Upload.
In a matter of minutes, the firmware of your TP-Link wireless repeater will get updated to the latest version. In case you get stuck at any point while trying to update your device, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
TP-Link Repeater Firmware Update Failed?
- Reboot Your TP-Link Repeater
Start troubleshooting the issue by rebooting your TP-Link wireless repeater. Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot or restart your WiFi device:
- Disconnect your TP-Link WiFi repeater from the host router.
- Power off your repeater and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug your repeater back into its wall socket and turn it on.
- Reconnect your TP-Link repeater to the host router.
Whether you have performed TP Link AC750 setup or configured any other repeater model, the process of rebooting will remain the same for all.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the TP-Link repeater firmware update failure issue is to keep WiFi interference at bay.
You can do so by keeping your repeater away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, televisions, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminium studs, and utensils containing water.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Check the Ethernet cable connecting your TP-Link wireless repeater and your home router. If you find any cuts on it, it is recommended that you get it replaced with a brand new one.
If doing so does not prove to be fruitful for you, then consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Use Another Method
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks help you to fix the TP-Link repeater firmware update failure issue? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you use another method to walk through the same process.
Apart from using the Manual method, you can also make use of the TP Link app to update the firmware of your repeater to the latest version.
- Perform Factory Default Reset
Are you still not able to perform TP-Link repeater firmware update? Well, this means that there is something seriously wrong with your device. To troubleshoot the issue, restore your repeater to the factory default settings.
The following steps will help you to go about the process:
- Locate the Reset button on your TP-Link WiFi repeater.
- Once you have located the button, press it carefully.
- Hold on for some time.
Are you done resetting your wireless device? Well then, reconfigure it, and don’t forget to update its firmware to the latest version.
Updating the firmware of your TP-Link wireless repeater is really important if you want it to function properly at every hour of the day. We hope that after following the guidelines mentioned in this post, you will be able to update the firmware of your device with ease. If you do, feel free to share your feedback with your fellow readers.