Poker game is a popular card game, and Teen Patti is just as popular. Teen Patti and Poker share many similarities, however, each has its own unique set of rules. This guide will provide an overview of how to play both poker and Teen Patti, so that players can become familiar with the game and have a good time.
Rules of playing poker-
The following guidelines/rules should be kept in mind while playing poker to win the game-
- Powerful hand rankings-
- In poker, the highest ranking hand is Royal Flush, which includes the ace, the queen, king, jack, and ten of the same suit.
- The next in the series is Straight Flush, which is a combination of a straight and a flush. In this all the five cards are of the same suit and are in sequential manner.
- Four of a Kind is a next one lined up in this hand ranking, it consists of four cards of the same rank.
- Then comes, Full House consists of three of a kind and a pair.
- A Flush is not in a sequential manner but it comprises five cards of the same suit.
- Straight consists of five consecutive cards of the different suits.
- Next in the ranking order is Three of a kind which includes three cards of the same rank.
- Two Pair which consists of two sets of pairs, the other one card can be of any rank.
- One Pair consists of two cards of the same rank, for example two kings and the remaining three cards can be of any rank.
- High Card is the lowest ranking hand and no cards in this have the same rank neither a straight or a flush.
- Betting rounds-
Poker consists of multiple betting rounds where players have different kinds of options like to check, raise, fold, or bet in each round and the game includes pre-flop, flop, turn, and river.
- Winning it-
At the end of the final round of betting, the player who has the best hand wins the pot which has all the bets made during the game.
Here are some basic teen patti rules that players should be aware of-
- Understanding the rank game-
- Same as the poker, High Card is the lowest ranking hand in teen patti where no sequence or pair is formed.
- Then comes The Pair which consists of two cards of the same rank.
- Pure Sequence consists of three consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Next in the line is Sequence which consists of three consecutive cards of the same suit.
- A Color which is not in sequential manner, consists of three cards of the same suit.
- A side bet named Pair Plus also exists where players can bet on getting a pair or better in their hand.
- Betting rounds-
Teen patti consists of three betting rounds namely, boot, chaal, and show. Players can either choose to bet or to fold in each round.
- Winning it-
The player who has the best hand at the end of the round wins the game and the pot where all the bets were placed throughout the game.
So, these were some of the basic poker and teen patti rules that should be kept in mind in order to win with the best hand rankings.
If you want to learn how to play poker and play Teen Patties, the first step is to understand the rules. No matter if you’re into deep-dive Poker game or the simple Teen Patties, you’ll have a blast from start to finish in your busy life.