Netgear N300 extender is one of the most advanced networking devices available in the market. Due to its exclusive feature and improved security feature, it’s becoming quite popular among users. Once WiFi Name feature is also one of the best features offered by Netgear N300 extender to its users. But due to a lack of technical knowledge users aren’t able to take benefit of this specific feature. If you are also the one with limited knowledge, then here we have listed steps to enable the One WiFi Name feature in the Netgear N300 extender for your ease. So, without any delay, let’s begin with the process.
Enable One WiFi Name Feature
- Power on your Netgear N300 extender and the PC after plugging them into the electrical sockets.
- On your PC, input www mywifiext net in the address field after accessing the internet browser. If you own a MAC operating system, then use mywifiext.local instead of mywifiext net to access www mywifiext net setup wizard.
- Press the Enter button.
- A new page will appear in front of you where you are required to input the default username and password and click Log In.
- Once logged in, the Netgear N300 extender setup wizard will come into view where you need to browse to the Settings option.
- Then, select the Wireless Settings option, and a new Wireless settings page will pop up.
- Now, select the Yes radio button adjacent to the One WiFi Name feature and click the Save button to save the settings you have made.
- In a few moments, the changes you have applied will come into effect
Finally, the One WiFi Name feature will be activated. On the off chance, you are stuck with an issue at any point while performing the aforementioned steps, then don’t worry. Here, we have outlined some basic and advanced troubleshooting hacks to resolve the issue. Just have a quick view of the below-mentioned information.
Can’t Activate One WiFi Feature on Netgear Extender
Reboot Your Extender
Restarting or rebooting your Netgear extender will remove minor technical glitches that might be restricting you to enable the One WiFi Name feature in your Netgear extender. So, without wasting any more time, perform a reboot by following the steps given below.
- Remove all the connected devices from your extender.
- Now, unplug your extender from the power socket and turn it off.
- Then, wait for some time, before connecting it again to the power socket and turning it on.
Now, see if you still facing difficulty while enabling the One WiFi Name feature. Then, continue reading.
Check the Power Source
Confirm that the power socket through which your Netgear extender is connected doesn’t have any damage. If you detect any damaged or short-circuited power socket, then try switching your extender to another power socket. Apart from it, inspect the condition of the power cord as it needs to be free from any kind of damage for smooth functioning.
Verify Your Ethernet Connection
Make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using to establish a connection between your networking devices doesn’t have any sign of wear or tear. If your cable is old or worn out, then replace or swap it with the new one. If changing the Ethernet cable doesn’t work, then we suggest you use a wireless connection.
Update Web Browser
Using an outdated version of the web browser can also be one of the reasons why you can’t enable the One WiFi Name Feature. So check the version of your web browser, if it’s not updated, then update it.
Check the default Web Address
Ensure that you are inserting the web address in the address bar to access the www mywifiext net N300 login page. Sometimes, users get stuck with an issue when they enter the web address in the search bar. So, keep in mind to enter the web address in the address bar.
So, this is all about some troubleshooting tips through which you can easily resolve an issue that might be restricting you to enable the One WiFi Name Feature.
read about the best pool cleaner read about Carlos slik read about anzn