QuickBooks is serving as one of the best accounting software for businesses in handling accounting transactions, payroll management as well as hosting. However, even this accounting software is not prone to errors and issues such as error H202.
It generally appears when users try switching to multi-user mode stating (Error H202 – multi-user access is blocked). If you ever encounter the QuickBooks H202 Error then this post will teach you to resolve the QuickBooks Multi-User Error H202
In this educational post, you’ll learn the most effective solutions for h202 Quickbooks Multi-user Error. However, in order to prevent its reappearance, it is necessary to understand the reasons behind it. So let’s begin
Reasons Causing The QuickBooks Error H202
The general reason for QuickBooks Error H202 is an interruption of communication between the QuickBooks Desktop and Server.
Furthermore, below are some more reasons that contribute to QuickBooks Error Code H202’s appearance.
- An improper configuration of DNS is most likely to cause the QuickBooks multi-user Error H202.
- The restrictive settings of your firewall block the transfer of company data between the QuickBooks and the server.
- In case there is misconfiguration of the system’s Hosting settings.
- In case the IP address went missing for either “Server” or “Host” to QuickBooks Desktop.
- Error: H202 port unavailable.
- No running services such as QuickBooksDBXXXX or QBCFMon.
- Miscellaneous issues on QB Data Server Manager.
- Corrupt/Damaged “.nd/.tlg”.
8 Proven Solutions To Fix QuickBooks H202 Error Code
Prior to performing any of the mentioned solutions, ensure to have administrator access. Thereafter, if you found the particular reason behind the appearance of the QB H202 Error Code then choose from the solutions below or else follow it sequentially. If you face QuickBook’s unrecoverable error, you can also resolve it with help of the below-given solutions.
Solution 1: Examine Network Connectivity
Since we understand the major cause behind this error is communication interruption, the first step towards fixing it is examining the network connectivity. The steps include:
- Run the system displaying the H202 Error code.
- Hold “Win+R”.
- Input “CMD”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Thereafter, type/copy “Ping_Server”.
- Press “Enter”.
Note: Perform these steps on each system receiving the QuickBooks Error Code H202 issue.
After performing these steps, if the feedback is low network connectivity then you must repair the network or else proceed with solution 2.
Solution 2: Verify QuickBooks Hosting
Before moving to further solutions, verify the QB hosting following:
- Run Hosting System.
- Launch QuickBooks
- Select “File”.
- Hit “Utilities”.
- Ensure QB hosting from the “Multi-user” host list.
Solution 3: Renaming .TLG/.ND Files
To rename the .tlg and .nd files users must follow:
- First Close “QuickBooks” from each system.
- Launch “Company Folder”.
- Locate the error-displaying file having a.TLG extension.
- Right-tap on it.
- Hit “Rename”.
- Add “.OLD” at last.
- Press “Enter”.
- Follow same for “.ND” file.
- After that, Hold “Alt” while opening the company file.
Hopefully renaming .tlg/.nd will solve the H202 error issue or else make a new company folder.
Solution 4: Creating Folder For QuickBooks Company File
The steps to create a new folder for the QB company file are:
- First, create a folder on the server.
- Locate .qbw file
- Right-tap on it.
- Select “Copy”.
- Visit “Created Folder”.
- Paste it here.
- Finally, try running the company file via multi-user mode.
Solution 5: Add Server On Windows Host File
- Close QuickBooks.
- Visit “C: Drive”.
- Open “System32”.
- Then “Drivers”.
- Now, “Etc”.
- Thereafter, launch the host file.
- Choose “Notepad”.
- Input IP address manually along with PC name.
Solution 6: Launch QB Database Server Manager
If the previous solutions couldn’t help you at all then the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is to be launched. Follow:
- Start the Server system.
- Hit “Start”.
- Input “Database”.
- Choose “QuickBooks Database-Server”.
- Tap “Browse”.
- Locate the folder holding company files.
- Select it.
- Then, hit “Start-Scan”.
- Next, click “Close”.
Note: Launch QuickBooks on each workstation displaying the H202 QuickBooks error.
- Visit “File”.
- Hit “Switch Multi-User”.
Solution 7: Configure Firewall Settings
As discussed in the reasons for QB H202 appearance, an improper configuration of the firewall causes the H202 Error code. Follow:
- Hold “Win+R”.
- Input “Control Panel”.
- Locate “Firewall”.
- Open “Firewall Settings”.
- Next, set exceptions.
- Allow permission to “QuickBooks” on all systems.
Now, try to access multi-user mode.
Solution 8: Utilize QB File Doctor Tool
If any of the above solutions couldn’t help you then we are confident that the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool will resolve this error. The QB file doctor tool is designed by Intuit for diagnosing and treating issues such as QuickBooks Error Code H202 error. Follow:
- Download “QuickBooks Tool Hub”.
- Select “Company-File Issues”.
- Click “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- Select troubled “Company File”.
- Hit “Continue”.
- Input admin credentials.
- Hit “Next”.
After the scan, you’ll be free from the annoying QuickBooks Error H202 issue.
We hope the solutions offered by us help you resolve QuickBooks Multi-User H202 Error. The reasons causing the appearance of QB H202 error are well-conducted from our trusted source. Moreover, the solutions included in this post are tested and recommended by our experts.