According to the popular saying “every good thing has its downsides.” This saying is perfect for a sexual term, known as sexting. In case you don’t know, sexting is a practice that occurs between two or more people. It involves sharing of sexual text messages between all parties involved. Furthermore, sexting involves sharing a photo of a penis or naked/semi-naked images with another person.
While sexting comes with tons of benefits, it’s also important to get essential with the dangers of sexting. Read on to discover all you should know about sexting, its benefits, and its dangers.
Wha1t exactly is sexting
Sexting is a single word formed from the combination of two terms; sex and texting. This practice often occurs between two or more people. It involves sending sexual-related text and content to another person. This content could either be voice notes, a photo of a penis, or other naked/seminaked images.
Sexting practices can happen via different platforms, including SMS and social media sites. Interestingly, it can happen between people of all ages.
Benefits & dangers of sexting
As earlier mentioned, sexting has a lot of benefits and dangers for children and young people.
Benefits of sexting
- One benefit of sexting is that it helps to commence a conversation about fantasy and sex. Sexual fantasy is important to enhance your performance when trying to make love with your partner.
- Another good thing about sexting is that it helps to strengthen connections between couples. Sexting most occurs because two mature adults trust themselves enough. This trust and comfort that comes with sexting can go a long way in helping couples to develop a very close bond.
- Sexting can help your sexual imagination run wild. Directly, this goodie will help you improve and enhance your creativity as you make love with your partner.
- Another good thing about sexting is that it helps to improve communication between partners or couples, especially those who lack openness.
Dangers of sexting
As amazing and beneficial as sexting is, you need to understand that it also has its issues. Below are some dangers of sexting:
Sextortion is a term coined from two different terms; sex and extortion. It’s a type of blackmail that leads to the extortion of money from the victim.
As you already know, sexting can occur in different forms. A good example is by sending sexual images or a photo of a penis to another person via different platforms.
Sending photos and images to the wrong person can always lead to sextortion. This explains why it’s often advisable to understand your partner before sexting.
One of the dangers of sexting is that it could also lead to legal issues. Legal concerns will certainly surface when you sext and receive naked images of an underage person. Today, most countries from against child pornography.
To avoid legal issues, it’s important to be sure the person you’re sexting with is not underage. Unfortunately, it can be pretty hard to identify whether or not someone is underage.
Harm to your reputation
Surely, you know the level of harm that leaked sex tapes cause to victims. This is one of the many dangers that come with sexting. This issue can always cause a lot of long-lasting harm to one’s reputation.
- Before going ahead to sext, you need to be sure your partner can keep the photo of your penis safe.
- If you must send your nude, avoid showing your face in the image.